Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9

My husband and I at the fair


I can't believe I didn't see any of you at the fair!  I haven't been for several years until this year.  It was a beautiful day.

Early release is next Thursday, Oct.17.  Your child should be picked up at 11:55.

We are learning the difference of main idea and topic in Reading.  We are still working on non-fiction text features.  We are learning how to write a report in English.  In Math we are working on how to tell when to add or subtract in problem solving.  We are learning about air and weather in Science.

Tomorrow I am sending home a schedule for parent/teacher conferences that will be held the week of Oct. 21.  There is also field trip and other important information note and Red Ribbon week info.  Be looking for that in your child's green folder. Oh and by the way, please have your child bring the folder every day! :)

Thank you to the parents who are more with it than I am and sent in their child's field trip money ahead of time!   If you have not sent  in the money, please send it in by next Thursday, Oct. 17.  We don't go until March but we have to pay way before then.

Report cards go home tomorrow.  Sign and return them on Friday and your child gets TWO FUZZIES!

See you at conferences,
Deedee Cooper


No comments:

Post a Comment