Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Third week of school

The Skippyjon Jones project is going great.  Skippyjon is at his fourth second grade home tonight and is having so much fun!  Thank you for your participation and making the time your child has with him a special one.




School pictures are THIS THURSDAY!  I will send the order forms home tomorrow!

I am focusing on listening to my students read this week to determine what level they are on.  I know books are not going home yet but have your child practice the poems in the black fluency folder when it comes home and read any other books you have. I do let the students take home my personal books as long as they ask first and return them promptly.  They have library books as well.  TOMORROW we will start returning and checking out more books!

I also update our grade level blog weekly.  Check it out to see what we are learning this week.  

http://galloway2ndgrade.blogspot.com/


As always, I invite you to stay in touch with me by email, phone or note. I care about what is happening in your child's life and am always willing to discuss school progress with you.  Let me know when you want to come by or send me an email at dcooper@mesquiteisd.

Mrs. Cooper



No comments:

Post a Comment